Frances Cannon is a full-time artist, body positivity activist, and Instagram queen. I've watched Frances' work explode online over the past few years, and sat at home thinking "what does your life look like when that happens?" Fortunately Frances was kind enough to answer that question for me when I interviewed her a few months ago. We talked about going #viral, selling your work online, and preparing yourself for the fact that Instagram might not be around forever.
And all the linky goodness for this episode:
- Pressure, a short film Lena Dunham made when she was 19 years old
- Gemma Flack is a Melbourne artist and zine maker who inked Frances Cannon's first Self Love Club tattoo
- Self Love Club: as featured on Huffington Post, Buzzfeed, i-D (VICE) and everywhere else on the internet!
- David Shrigley (one of my favourite artists)
- NGV = National Gallery of Victoria
- Michael Leunig (one of Australia's most loved cartoonists)
- Celeste Mountjoy aka @filthyratbag
- Third Drawer Down make homewares and gift items with some of the world's most successful artists. If you've been to a major gallery anywhere you've probably seen their products, and they were born in Melbourne, Australia! Here's a write up about Frances collaboration with them
- In case you were wondering, Periscope is a video streaming app
- And of course you can buy a print from Frances Cannon's store, follow her on Instagram, and check out her website