Five years ago Tom Dickins did something that many people would find stupid: on the back of advice from his friend Amanda Palmer, he decided to quit his job and, without savings, live off his art. He had no plan, no idea, but a lot of enthusiasm and resourcefulness.
This week you'll hear him reflect on that decision, what worked, what didn't, and whether he'll ever be able to buy a house.
And all the linky goodness for this episode:
- Tom's band with Jen Kingwell, The Jane Austen Argument
- If you don't know who Amanda Palmer is, check her out here (you can also find her infamous Kickstarter)
- Check out Tom's business, Crowded
- The New Enterprise Incentive Scheme (NEIS)
- You can subscribe to my other podcast, Being Honest With My Ex, here. For the episodes about quitting my job, check out Ep 28: Making Money With My Ex, Ep 55: Managing Money With My Ex, and Ep 51: Running A Patreon With My Ex.